Holiday Fire Emergency Tips
SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian has the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home/business and property to pre-fire condition.. A fire is always difficult and especially during the holiday season. Here’s a few holiday emergency tips to keep your property safe:
- Keep space heaters on a single electrical cord and at least three feet away from flammable objects.
- Check the water in your tree every day. A dry tree Is very flammable.
- Before guests arrive for the holidays, check your smoke alarm batteries.
- Get your chimney checked by a professional before lighting the fireplace.
- Keep candles away from flammable materials, better yet use flameless candles.
- Unattended cooking is the leading cause of house fires.
- Keep an eye on what you fry! Most cooking fires start when frying food.
- During the holidays, do not overload extension cords.
- Always turn off holiday lights at night or when you leave your home or office.
Be fire smart as you deck the halls this season! Give the gift of emergency preparedness, develop a SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian Emergency Ready Profile (ERP).