Pasadena Home Fire
On August 18, 2018, a homeowner in a Pasadena neighborhood contacted SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian about a house fire. The source of was caused by a grease fire that started in the kitchen.
The homeowner mistakenly attempted to extinguish the fire with water rather than with a kitchen rated fire extinguisher or baking soda. Once the fire department saved the day, further clean-up was required because the product and water used to put the fire out. The home was severely damaged and required boarding up the door and windows.
Our SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian team immediately began working on both the fire and water damage. Itemizing each affected item or structural damage, we removed all unsalvageable items from the property and the items that could be salvaged were packed and moved to our warehouse in Arnold.
Our crew at the warehouse has been working on cleaning the items that were salvaged utilizing ultrasonic machine cleaning methods. Using both wet and dry-cleaning techniques to clean contents, upholstery and furniture, we have been able to restore most materials to their preloss condition.