Be Winter Ready!
Freezing temperatures are already upon us. And with freezing temperatures, comes frozen sprinkler pipes. We all know how unpredictable Maryland weather can be; we saw it happen last week with 60 degrees one day and 10 inches of snow the next. So that begs the question, are you and your home winter ready?
If not, SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian has you covered. Did you know a sprinkler pipe at a typical flow fate of 30 gallons per minute can expel as much as 500 gallons of water in 15 minutes? In just 15 minutes, flowing water can cause serious damage to your home.
Here are a few tips to consider for your family:
- Make a family communications plan and evacuation plan for the winter months
- Travel safely and smartly, being well-rested and well-prepared during daylight hours
- Consistently monitor the weather, especially when planning a big event
- Keep safe heaters on a single electrical cord, at least three feet away from flammable objects
- Turn off your outdoor water supply and ensure your sump pump is running properly
If you have any problems this winter, call SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian and we will send our certified professionals to make any size disaster “Like it never even happened.”