Are You Prepared?
We are in the middle of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, are you prepared? Is your property prepared?
Anne Arundel County provides a step-by-step guide to help you get prepared. Click here to access the guide.
The Anne Arundel County Office of Emergency Management has published it’s Hurricane Outlook for 2020. Click here to access their predictions.
Ever wonder how hurricanes get their names? Meteorologists long ago learned that naming tropical storms and hurricanes helps people remember the storms, communicate about them more effectively, and so stay safer if and when a particular storm strikes a coast. These experts assign names to hurricanes according to a formal list of names that is approved before the start of each hurricane season. Click here to learn more.
The Atlantic Hurricane names list for 2020 is as follows:
At SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian, we recommend you pay attention to the weather and should the unexpected water intrusion happen, we want you to keep the following in mind:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.