Water Damage for Facility Managers
Facility Managers often implement evacuation plans should an emergency occur. In addition, to an evacuation plan, SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian recommends you do the following should a water emergency arise:
- Shut off the water source.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
Our team provides a solution to water damage needs. Our IICRC certified water damage restoration technicians will communicate with the facility manager throughout the restoration process.
When a tenant reports a water damage event, please collect the following information:
- Contact phone number
- Date/time of event
- Source of water
- Type of water
- Is the water clean, gray or sewer?
- Is there any structural damage?
- Is electricity available?
- Is there standing water?
- What areas are affected?
You can reduce loss severity by putting the above suggestions into your water emergency plan. Remember, fast response can lower claim costs!