Residential Fire Damage
SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian performed fire restoration and reconstruction services on this home after it suffered tremendous fire damage. We can work with your insurance company to get your home restored as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Here are some recommendations on what you can do until help arrives:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian has national accounts with many insurance companies, including Metlift, Homesite, Erie, Travelers and more. Our estimators and project managers can work with policy holders, agents, and adjusters to make an insurance claim as seamless as possible.
Our primary focus is to help make it… “Like it never even happened.”